• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What is your food staple?

Mehm

Bluelight Crew
My question is, what do you eat almost every day? Where are the majority of your calories coming from?

I eat a huge rice and bean burrito at least 7 times a week :D They are delicious and nutritious. Otherwise I'm on a lot of eggs, PBJs, and sugar. Have been eating more whole foods lately and feel much better as a result.

What is your staple?

Chicken breast, cauliflower, ginger. I throw these in a pot and make a super super delicious meal I eat at least 3 to 4x a week.
Hardboiled eggs are my mainstay snack.

During the day I mostly eat fruit, but more specifically bananas <3
We have steak and salad for dinner almost every night of the week, and fresh pasta with pesto sauce for dinner on the weekends.

Hummus, broccoli, spinach, cheese, and hot sauce - Not all together but ya know. There's some carbs in there too. :)

Frequency of consumption goes like this...

Chicken on the Foreman grill and eggs(boiled or scrambled) are consumed literally everyday.

Group number 2 would include tuna and lean ground beef/turkey.

Group 3: Fish filets, steaks(mucho dinero :( )

I'm a grain freak...carbs, gotta have carbs...Generally Oatmeal in the morning, with fruit (fresh and /or dried)...I know that sets the stage for being a human 'still'-but I have nothing against Moonshine...Dinner almost always includes rice (short grain brown, and lately Aborrio-cause I'm on a Risotto binge),,,and a vegatable or two...
I found a recipe for Curried Cauliflower & Peas with Raw Cashews and Tofu (optional) over Basmati...OMG
Yeah..so Grain

Hummus, chicken, potato, tomato, yogurt, peanuts.

I have more or less all of those every day at some stage regardless of what I have as a main meal.

lately i been hitting up sour cream
like its nobodys business

i gotta stop

Green tea - Several cups every day, sweetened with honey.
Fruit - Fresh, frozen, or dried. Also in the form of juice.
Bread - I make myself at least 1 sandwich a day.
Nuts - Peanuts and walnuts mostly. I enjoy cashwes as well but they are more expensive :(
Cheese - the sharper the better
Peanut butter - creamy
Chili peppers

Last edited:
Tofu, Lots of Tuna, Pasta, Lots of Rice, Chicken, Bananas, Whey Protein Shakes.

Oh and plain yogurt. Nummy

Fruit, veggies, and soy-meat products (soy-chicken, soy-sausage, soy-ground beef). The only thing I definitely eat every day.

How could I forget my other faves...celery, peas, arugula, bokchoy, green beans, japanese bean sprouts, chayote.....mmm mmm mmm I eat one of these veggies everyday at least. Oh, and organic bee pollen in granule form! ;)

beef, chicken, pork, tuna, whey protein powder, bread, cheese, milk, yogurt, walnuts, broccoli, spinach, kale, granola, coconut oil, olive oil, gatorade, creatine

these things it seem are in constant rotation

some kind of potato and fruit.

I love potatoes--as french fries, baked, hash browned, scalloped, au gratin. Mmmm...any kind of hot potato and I'm there.

And fruit--grapefruit, grapes, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, bananas, on and on and on.

Rice, string beans, garden greens, yams, mangoes, green oranges (still sweet), cashews, peanuts, mung beans, lemongrassy stuff, coconut milk, olive oil.